Wednesday, July 23, 2008


According to Mediatakeout & Hip Hop Weekly, Miami rap artist Jacki-O says she had to have sex with a record label executive in order to finalize her deal. Before Jackie-O signed her deal with Poe Boy Entertainment/TVT Records (which was the home of such acts as Lil Jon & the East side boys, Pitbull, & Chyna Whyte), she says that she had to do things the "hard" way before releasing her album "Poe Little Rich Girl" which included her most notable single "Nookie".

Everybody that signed [to Poe Boy] had gotten their advance money, but when it came time for me to get my advance, I had to f-ck for my advance. It was ten stacks ($10,000) and I had to f-ck for it. So naturally it wasn't something that I'm proud of doing. And I don't advise any female to get into no business - be it music or whatever - and get exploited like that ...

[E Class] told me I had to have sex with him to get the ten stacks. That's how me and him got into a relationship. But that was the situation I had to face, and I made the wrong turn.

But I'm from the hood and if somebody offers you ten thousand dollars at one time to get out of the hood, and lets you go for your dream of doing music, you're gonna run to that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment